Elder

Elder

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

FÁCIL DINERO!!!!!! :D

Hey everybody!!!

A lot has happened this week, and I have about 20 minutes left, so I will try to cram as much as I can into this email!

First of all, I want to talk about my District! I am gonna give a little synopsis of each person, just because I can ^-^

Elder Harrast (my companion): Elder Harrast is, in one word, solid! He is surpisingly similar to me! He is very much a thinker, and is sometimes quiet just because he has nothing to say. He loves piano, likes 1 on 1 deep conversations, and is very clear minded (unlike me). He is AMAZING at soccer, but more on that later.

Elder Vallinga (Roomate and DL): Elder Vallinga is a good mix of serious and goofy. He is the perfect choice for our leader, and has a real good voice! He will just randomly do things that make his companion, Elder Taylor, look at him with mock despair, but he is an honest and good guy!

Elder Taylor (Roomate): I don´t think I have every met anyone as similar to Stockton Antczak than Elder Taylor! He is constantly messing around and slamming people, but beyond it all he is very focused and intelligent, and knows what he is doing. He is very good at Spanish, and constantly adds the humor element to the District.

The rest will have to wait till next week, but rest assured they are awesome!

You are probably wondering why I titled this email "FACIL DINERO". Well let me tell you! :D My roomates and I, plus elder Wengler, formed THE MOST LEGENDARY CAGE SOCCER TEAM THERE HAS EVER BEEN OR WILL BE IN ALL OF HISTORY!!! (Or at least that is the goal by the end of the CCM) We played soccer in this caged in soccer/basketball court one day, and found out two things: we all actually really love soccer, and Elder Harrast is literally the best player in the CCM. I don´t exaggerate: without him, we would be a bunch of silly kids trying to play a sport we don´t know anything about. But anyways, we play during gym time every day, and we played for like three hours today, so that is awesome!

I ran into one of my friends from home, Elder Sierra, today! It totally caught me off guard, but it was way cool! I can´t wait to see Christian Paul (AKA The Legend) next week!

The Spirit of this place is amazing! Every waking moment on every day except p day is planned out for us, which is both really nice and really exhausting! I had no idea it was possible to learn so much spanish and so much gospel doctrine in two weeks, but they stuff your brain to the limit here! They really force you to lose yourself in the work, surrendering your will to God, which is difficult, but AMAZING!

My roomate and I taught our last lesson to our first "investigator", Alejandra, last Friday. We totally felt the Spirit and power of our words, despite the language barrier, and Alejandra said she expects great things from us! Which is ironic, since she is now our afternoon teacher and gets to see us in class, when we are significantly less serious and composed ;)

The devotionals here are pretty great! We have one every Tuesday and Sunday, and they are awesome! Last week we watched a talk on prayer by Elder Ballard, and I don´t think I have ever been affected so much by a talk! He reminded us that we are literrally the children of the greatest being in the Universe, and all we need to is talk to our Father to be able to eventually receive answers from him. And we can talk to him anytime, anywhere!

Time here is weird. I know, techinically, that it has been two weeks, but it feels like the first week was a month long and the second week was two days long. I expect it will get even weirder on my mission, so here goes nothing!

I have been able to play the piano a lot here, just for a couple minutes here and there, not for hymns or anything, but it is such a stress reliever! I love it!

I LOVE the rain here! It literally rains about every single day, for like an hour! And otherwise it is perfect weather! I love it!

I feel like Hercules here, singing "Find Where I Belong", except "I would go literally anywhere to teach the word of God." Those kind of thoughts give me great strength here. It is hard, but I know it will be worth it!

Well gotta go! Hasta Luego!

Elder Poulson



















No comments:

Post a Comment