Elder

Elder

Monday, March 27, 2017

Grand Macs are Evil

Well... Hello! How are you all doing? I'm told that my last email hasn't been posted yet, so I guess you're getting to of these in a row ^-^

This week was a bit crazy. The highlight was the Javi and Charlie got baptized! :D So that was fun! I got to confirm Charlie, which was a really good experience for me. Their parents are strong in the church again, so their family will continue to grow in the Gospel I'm sure :)

There really isn't much else to report. We had a really bomb district meeting this Wednesday, in part because our Mission President showed up on short notice. So that was spiritually enlightening!

Oh right! So my companion is getting transferred to another area! My new companion is Elder Ramirez. I don't really know much about him, but I have heard good things, so we'll see. Changes are always nice on the mission ^-^ That will put me at at least 6 months in this area, which is kind of crazy.

So there is this elderly Hispanic lady that lives with her daughter, who is a member of our ward here. I had always thought that my grandma was persistent when offering me food, but let me tell ya, this lady was just dying to make me fatter! After a couple times of me graciously denying another helping of food, she cooked a tortilla, walked up to me, and said "Oh, look at this tortilla, it is so nice and flaky, why don't I put some beans on it for you?" Haha it was really funny! Hispanic Grandmas always have the best sense of humor ^-^

Well we found out early on that my companion was leaving, so naturally we had to eat food or something together, ya know, like a last supper or something. There are like twenty billion advertisements for "grand macs" here, which is just McDonalds sized-up big mac. I usually despise McDonalds, but I thought I would give it a try... I could just feel my body asking me why in the world I would put such poison in my body! Seriously, it just felt like a big piece of not-supposed-to-be-there chilling in my stomach! I even went and ate a piece of spinach, to see if a little bit of something real would help (and it kinda did!). But haha yeah, that was quite the experience!

I've really learned recently the importance of the basics in the Gospel. As missionaries, we go around telling everybody that they have to pray, read the scriptures, and go to church to get an answer that this church is the church of God on the Earth. But I think as missionaries and members, we sometimes forget the continual importance of those things. Prayer is how we talk to God. Scriptures and the words of living Prophets are how we hear from Him, as well as by The Spirit. The Sacrament allows us to renew our baptismal covenants and find strength in The Atonement to change and prepare for the week. Think about that! That is amazing! That is how we receive help when we desperately need it.

Well that is about it for this week. 'Til later!


Elder Poulson

Javi and Charlie's Baptism










District Adventure to the Beach


Just to the edge of the sand.....must be hard not to touch it 


No comments:

Post a Comment