Elder

Elder

Monday, May 8, 2017

Be Like a Horse

Hey family and friends! I am way low on time today, so I'll get right to the point, but I hope ya'll are doing fantastic! :)

This week was good! We worked hard. We found out that I am staying yet another transfer here, which will make 5. That is about 7 months. So a lot! But I am sure I will love it :) I am where God wants me to be!

As for our investigators:
-Eduarda wants to get baptized on this next Saturday, but didn't go to church because of work... So we'll see. Soon though!
-Jared, Lesley, AND their Dad went with us to the Los Angeles temple visitor's center this week! It was a good experience all around. I had never met their dad, but he was a nice guy, and we were able to talk to him about Jared being baptized. Jared didn't come to church either though because Lesley got sick and he is too shy to go without her :P But it is okay, he is doing good still :)
-We are teaching someone named Sandy who is SUPER sincere! She is way busy, but we think she might accept this wonderful message and receive the blessings of baptism. So that is exciting!

I learned a WHOLE lot of Spiritual amazingness this week, but here is some of the more profound parts:
-We can act without fear. We just have to realize that God will take our actions and make them work out for our good if we are STRIVING to do what he asks: not just if we succeed in doing so.
-We are like horses. If you haven't had the chance to see the new Meet the Mormons clips, you REALLY should watch them! The horse one was amazing! I learned so much! Basically, think of God as the rider and us as the horse. To be short, I will just say that God gently tugs on the bridle, and we must follow to avoid danger and run freely. Give heed to the rider, my friends.
-Don't be sifted as wheat. That is Satan's goal, and someone this week told me that to be sifted as wheat means to give in to being plain, average, and like the whole world. But as saints, we can't just be as common as the wheat. We have to stand out! We are expected to be the difference and the differents in the world, so that others can see our light and discover God's will for them through this one and only true Gospel.
-The Doctrine of Christ is central to living a happy, successful life. Study the Doctrine of Christ: meaning faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost, and enduring to the end. That is the pattern of progression that will make us happy!

Well, other than that I'll just say that I love being here, and I hope you all equally love the goodness of your lives! Keep at it, follow God, and you'll be happy! :) Bye love you :)


Elder Poulson













No comments:

Post a Comment