Elder

Elder

Monday, May 15, 2017

Self Worth and Feeling

Hey, this Elder Poulson, emailing live from the not-so-eventful library in Huntington Beach California! How are ya'll doing?

Well, I am low on time, because I had to catch up on some emailing and such. BUT I will try to give this a good go anyways!

The highlight of this week was of course skyping my family! It was great! And for all of you who think you have the best mom in the world, you're wrong. I do ;) And I love her! ^-^

Investigators wise:
-Jared is good, but progressing slowly. He is a 10 year old kid, so I don't really hold it against him.
-Eduarda now has a job that works her on Sundays :P So we are working on helping her figure that out. Baptism is a commitment to go to church for the rest of your life, after all.
-Sandy is busy as ever, but she is reading the Book of Mormon, so that is good!
-Alfonso is just the strongest convert ever! He goes to everything church related, and it is amazing! He really does have great faith :)

I really felt guided by The Spirit this week! We ended up finding another "unknown" less active member, and we are going to teach her relatives! So that is exciting :) And we found them because against all logic, we followed The Spirit. Something key that I have learned is that you will never be sure it is the Spirit you are feeling. A lot of the time, you just have to have faith that if you are trying to follow the Spirit, despite uncertainty, God will make sure you are blessed for your efforts!

Just two nuggets, and I've got to dip.
- Your self-worth has a direct relationship with your effectiveness. You CANNOT be effective and get a lot done if you don't love yourself and find value in your own abilities. I read a quote today that said that the key to a peaceful life is to find value in yourself and your contribution, NO MATTER WHAT OTHERS CONTRIBUTE. Comparison will only destroy you. Find self-worth in the fact that you are a son or daughter of God, and as such, are heirs to the greatest kingdoms of God, no matter what perceived weaknesses you have. The talk self-worth by Hyrum W Smith is one of the best I've ever heard, so if you want to, you should listen to it or read it! Also, Elder Holland's talk this last conference.
- Put some feeling into what you do and say. I feel like sometimes we are so tired and going through the motions that we don't really put feeling into what we're doing. I think that the best way to light up your life is to let your feelings shine through in what you do or say. The secret to fulfillment is to feel :)

Welp, I'm gonna go now. I love you all! Take care! Remember that God loves you!


Elder Poulson

A sweet member Mom sent me these pictures from Sunday Dinner at her house.


No comments:

Post a Comment