Elder

Elder

Monday, June 19, 2017

Makin' My Way Downtown

Well, hello family and friends! I'm just here typing away, short on time as always, so we'll see how this goes!

News of the week: I am FINALLY getting transferred!!! :D Don't get me wrong, I love this area and the people here, but I am ready for a change. I'm headed to downtown Long Beach with an Elder Lee, who I have heard is pretty cool ^-^ So yep, back to Long Beach for me, just the other side this time. But I am SUPER STOKED!!! Apparently I am going to a really good area!

As for investigators here:
- Angie started listening to us again. I think she will progress after we leave. Eduarda is working on getting a job, our fingers are crossed!
- Jared is good, just hard to teach sometimes, because kids. But we have hopes for him too!
- Beatriz's member friend is working with her. She will get baptized someday, but maybe not too soon :P

Something I have really learned lately is something I call the Application Cycle. It has 5 steps: Study, Set a Goal, PRACTICE, Do, Evaluate. Sounds simple, but the more I am on the mission, the more desperately I want to become a better missionary and person. And this cycle really helps! I capitalized practice because it is often the most neglected part. Sure, when you attempt to actually do the thing you set a goal to do, it is sort of practice. But if you do your practicing beforehand, when you actually get to the real life doing it part, you will perform way better! For instance: I study how to teach more simply, I set a goal to use less words and speak more clearly. I practice with my companion, and figure out what things I need to change. Then I go do it, and it works pretty well. And then I evaluate, and decide if I should set the same goal again (if I didn't reach it), or set a new goal! Simple, but it is powerful. We had some spiritual lessons this week because of it.

I have also been working on something I call my rules! A mission statement of sorts, that helps me become what I want to be. So that is fun! Rule #1 is the most important though: Love God and love those around you. I am striving to do that more fully. Love is a verb, after all. It is something you actively do.

I would also like to say that The Book of Mormon is the most powerful tool we have to bring us closer to Christ. Use it.

Welp. I'm out of time. But I love you all! Have a great week!


Elder Poulson



Saying goodbye to Huntington Beach













No comments:

Post a Comment