2 And to the great astonishment of Elder Poulson, yea, even of all the Elders in the land of Long Beach, their great leader, even he who presided over the entire mission, President Patterson, gave unto Elder Poulson the assignment to... train.
So yeah, that happened. I am going to be training a new missionary! I had finally decided that I had a lot more to learn before I could train a new missionary, and about the same day I got called to do so! Haha I guess that is just how God works. Who the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies, right? ^-^ But I am now super excited for this next transfer! I will be staying here in Long Beach, probably for another 2 1/2 months.
For reasons though, I thought I was leaving... And took pictures with members... And said more or less goodbyes... so those will be some awkward funny conversations! ^-^ I get to spend tomorrow night with my old companion Elder Eldredge and his new missionary who has been with him for 6 weeks, so that will be awesome.
As for our investigators, we actually have a number of investigators making a remarkable amount of progress! Roberto is an enthusiastic investigator who already loves reading the Book of Mormon! He was super excited when we told him about it, and he has been reading. Evelia is a lady we taught on Monday who ended up in tears by the end of the Restoration lesson (funny how that happens when the Spirit is there). She is very willing to listen and find out if it's true, but has lots of questions. Which is great! It means that she really cares about if it is the truth or not.
We are also teaching a members niece, Natalie, who was already going to church a lot and who we thought was a member! 🤣 So we are teaching her, and already set a baptismal date for the 29th of December! :D Super exciting!
As much as a change is sometimes nice on the mission, I am happy to stay here. We are being blessed with "success" (it is something given more often than earned), but the best success is knowing that I am doing what Heavenly Father wants me to be doing. THAT is peace of mind. ^-^
Here are some food for thought questions. With the earlier questions, we tend to have more of a desire to say yes to them, but find them harder to perform. The later questions tend to be easier to perform, but harder to readily say yes to.
1. Are you willing to let your will be swallowed up in God's will for You?
2. Are you willing to live the principles taught in the scriptures?
3. Are you willing to follow the Prophet's counsel, submitting your will to his inspired counsel?
4. Are you willing to follow the counsel of your stake President?
5. Are you willing to accept and follow the decisions of your bishop and local leaders, as imperfect as they may be?
6. Are you willing to follow your parents in every sense in which they are righteous examples to You? (Teenagers, I'm talking to you)
7. Are you willing to trust that the spirit guides you, and gave the confidence to make decisions based on spiritual direction, be it subtle and despite anxiety and fears?
Food for thought. I love you All! I love being here, and I will continue to love it! That said, I also await the day in which I get to see you all again. Until then, "come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him" continually. Turn on the light. Drop the chains that bind you. And be happy. Love you All!